Saturday 27 July 2013

Journey to the Niagara Falls

One Fine weekend of July, Monsoon season, Best trek or picnic to some Hill station in Sahyadri ranges. Just Enjoy in cloudy weather, have roasted corns when every surrounding is wet, have some Onion Pakoras, hot tea. Last year I went to Amboli, hill station in Sindhudurg district of Maharashtra but this time I am far away from my home. But hey I am in the country of world famous Niagara Falls, let’s get wet in Niagara Falls water then.

I planned first for 2nd week of July but the tour was already full so it got postponed by one week. I selected tour of 2 days which was having Niagara Falls and some glass museum. It was starting early morning on Saturday and ending on Sunday evening. Thanks to tour that the pickup location was nearby my house so I don’t have to rush early morning of weekend.

I reached to pick up location on time. The other tour members were already started gathering. My tour operator was Chinese girl. She welcomed me and gave the required details. She told me my group no, bus no & seat no. Tour bus arrived after ten minutes and all people stepped into the bus. We left the pickup location and then the real fun started. Tour Operator started giving introduction about her and then tour itinerary. She was just talking, talking and talking. The small girl of age around 2 years from bus should have got irritated from that I think and she started demanding microphone to her. Initially she ignored and continued with introduction but the small girl then started crying and she has to handover her mic to girl. That small girl then said something in her own baby language which later everyone appreciated by applauding. After taking hold of microphone again she finally finished explaining the itinerary but it’s not over yet. One tour member was Chinese and he was having trouble to understand English, Actually all the tourist were having trouble to understand her English but fine, She then started in Chinese and thank god she finished that very quickly.

In all these things our one and half hour got passed (yes one and half hour believe me) and our first relax point came. After getting into the bus again, Tour operator again started to explain cost of the attraction but this time that small girl again demanded back the microphone to which tour operator has to handover mic. Small girl told us again something to us in her own language and then returned the mic back. After getting mic back she explained the cost of all attractions to us and then started collecting the money.

They were offering us four attractions first the Maid of the Mist the main attraction of the tour where we will be taken by boat to the most possible closest point of Niagara Falls. The second one was Native Indian cultural show. The next day Watkins Glen’s State Park and last one was museum of glass. I decided to skip native Indian show because my friend was suggesting to take another attraction Cave of the wind at Niagara Falls instead of going to that show. I asked her about the Cave of wind attraction but she was not able to tell anything about it.

At our second halt we took lunch, she gave us forty minutes for that. During her introduction, she also told us that if someone comes back late then that guy have to sing song as punishment. As a human tendency that at least one will be late out of 50 people, one lady got late and everyone demanded that she must sing song now. After some no no no she started singing the song. She sang one Indian song from Great Gambler movie, ‘Do Lafjo ki hai’. First I thought she will just sing mukhra of song but no she started first antara, I said ok fine but then she continued to second antara. That made everyone thinks that she came intentionally late.
After lunch break, our next break point was after two hours or so. All were in relax mood and I also wanted to complete my weekend sleep. Our tour co-coordinator played Spider Man 3 movie in bus but I can tell you that hardly any one watched it. Everyone was taking nap, yes some of us requested for Iron Man 3 instead of Spider Man 3, was just in mood of pulling her leg but she did not understood.

After couple of hours our bus stopped at one relax service area. It was having some picnic tables, barbeque stand and restroom. It was very scenic area. After getting fresh I started capturing it in my camera.  This is the first time I took out my camera from my sack in tour. One of the family of our tour felt in love with that area as they were taking pictures till last moment, all bus members boarded the bus but they were still taking the pictures, first they took natures pic then solo pics then group pic, our driver started calling them and they also started changing their poses very fast, finally they finished and come back to bus.

After that again everyone went back to sleep and our next stop was Niagara Falls.

Thanks,
Mayuresh

No comments:

Post a Comment