Sunday 1 January 2012

Kharghar Hills – welcome 2012
Finally year 2011 comes to an end and it’s time to welcome 2012. Last year I was in London and welcomed 2011 by witnessing the fireworks at London eye. This time I decided to spend 31 Dec at house and instead going for late night parties’ resolute to wake up early and go at Kharghar Hills to see first sun rise of the year. Kharghar hill is place located near CBD Belapur, also nearby Kharghar railway station. This place is developed by CIDCO for people and very good for early morning and evening walk. Kharghar Hill must be beautiful during monsoons but for safety major because of landslide it remains close during that season.
So as decided on 1 January 2012 I woke up early. Sun rise time was around 7:10 AM. I reached at base of Kharghar Hill around 6:30 AM. I saw few cars parked at base so I asked at entrance about it so he told me you cannot take vehicle up till 8:00 AM. UFFFFFFFFfff so I have to do early morning walk. I started walking, it was still dark. I could see some trodden path but decided to walk alongside with road as didn’t want to get lost in dark. Few walkers, joggers were on the road so I was not totally alone. After walking for 15 minutes, road was passing through between two rock hills. I went ahead and continued walking for more 15 minutes. Dark started converting to twilight by the time but still I did not reach at top and I was thinking that now I am going to miss the sun rise. I was also not finding one good place from where I can see it nicely. I kept walking and at around 7:15 (just at right time) I found one place which I thought can be good to see the sun. Spot was good to take rest for walkers and meeting point for groups. Few people were already taking rest at that place and greeting, wishing New Year to each other. View from that spot was also not bad. We can see Kharghar Railway station, Mumbai-Pune Highway and you can hear the noise of traffic, trains till that hill spot.
It was almost sun rise time but weather was little foggy and sky was cloudy. I though sun will rise behind the clouds and all efforts will be wasted. Still I took out my camera and started taking some snaps. After 5-10 minutes another guy came and he was having professional camera with him. He too stopped there and started taking the snaps. After some time I saw small red/saffron stripe behind the clouds and it started slowly coming out from clouds. That stripe now getting bigger and started taking round shape and after couple of minutes I saw the whole round saffornish sun. I took some snaps of it. The other guy was also clicking snaps as much as he can. At the same spot there was small Lord Shiva Idol and beside it one saffron flag.After taking enough snaps of nature I took the blessing of Sun and Lord Shiva and decided to come down.
Sun now started becoming yellow and it becomes hard to look at it directly. Meantime the other photographer guy and I had introduction to each other as we both were sharing the same passion. We both left that spot and while returning, the other fellow spotted one bird. Till he takes out his camera and I adjust mine one, bird flew away and we missed it. We came to same rock hills pass and I took some snaps of that pass then little ahead we spotted another bird. This time we both were able to capture it. We tried to go more close of it without making noise but it flew away. Then finally we came at base, we exchanged the number and he invited me for Karnala next week. He was going there for photography. We left the base and I drove back to house.
Isn’t it good start of year to watch early sunrise (had early morning walk though it is forcefully) and met one stranger and got introduced?


How to reach
Kharghar hill is well connected by road and rail. If you are going by road and coming from Mumbai, skip the CBD Belapur highway bridge and take left to come inside in Belapur. Then you can see circle take right from there and then drive straight for 3-4 minutes and you can see the entrance of Kharghar Hill.
If you are coming by rail then Kharghar railway station is closer and you can get auto from staion.
Kharghar Hill also known as ‘Fanaswadi Tekdi’


Some Snap













Mayuresh

1 comment:

  1. awsm yaar.. feeling bad dat i cudnt come.. bt its a really best start of new yr..

    ReplyDelete